Overview of dental implants
Teeth are among the most beautiful and valuable parts of a human body. It can be called the symbol of happiness, but it is very difficult to protect it from different problems. Teeth can be destroyed due to different causes and there is no limit in age, for losing one’s permanent teeth. However, missing teeth can be filled with new teeth with some treatments.
Modern medical science gifts a treatment called dental implants for this purpose. It is basically a stable new root for a missing tooth. This treatment is done by many experienced dentists in Schaumburg city in United States. This magical treatment looks and feels just like real permanent teeth. After undergoing dental implants, patients can eat the food they want without any fear of embarrassment. The price for implants is not very high either and they should last a lifetime if properly cared for.
Strategy of undergoing dental implants
After meeting with the experienced dentists of dental implants Schaumburg, this treatment requires few simple steps. These steps are mentioned below –
- The dental implant is nothing but a cylindrical and/or tapered post made of titanium and placed surgically into the jawbone.
- As the patients heal, their implant will osseointegrate, or fuse with, their natural jawbone, with the two growing together to create a strong, as well as durable foundation for the replacement of the teeth. This healing method can take weeks to months while the patients proceed with their everyday life in between appointments.
- Once the implant bonds with the jawbone, a small connector, called an abutment, is placed on the top of the implant to join the implant to the replacement tooth or teeth.
- After that, an individual tooth, dentures containing multiple teeth or an implant-supported bridge, are attached to the abutment.
Categories of dental implants
In the modern medical science, there are several types of dental implants accessible. They are:
- Endosteal implants – They are placed in the jawbone. This implant is typically shaped like small screws, cylinders or plates. This is the most commonly used implant.
- Subperiosteal implants – They are placed under the gum but on, or above the jawbone. It may be used in patients who have a shallow jawbone and do not desire to undergo a method to reconstruct it.
- Dental implants are also available in distinct sizes and heights, consisting of narrow and standard. An experienced dentist can determine the appropriate option for the patient.
Exclusive advantages of dental implants
There are several reasons for its popularity. Some of them are –
- Natural and healthy teeth – A dental implant builds up a lost tooth so that it feels and functions like a natural tooth.
- Durability – Traditional, tooth-supported dental bridges only last five to seven years, and with proper affliction often more than 10 years, but at the same point they may require to be restored. But, dental implants only need periodic adjustment and last a lifetime.
- After this treatment, the patient can taste and enjoy the foods they love without hesitation.
- Cavities can never occur in an implant-restored crown.
- It makes easy to pronounce everyday words.
- More anticipated than other traditional restoration methods.
- The dental implant treatment has proven effective and safe at replacing missing teeth.